Warm blankets, no alarm clock + the smell of pancakes = the PERFECT morning in my book! But, let’s face it, the stuff that comes in a box is NOT your friend when it comes to being fit & on point with your nutrition…plus it really is CRAP. I want to give you a taste of the REAL good stuff. Say hello to your new addiction…Healthy Gingerbread Protein Pancakes! They’re soft, fluffy and pack a high-protein punch. Say hello to your new healthy pancake addiction.
Healthy Gingerbread Protein Pancakes
Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: Makes 3 servings, 2 pancakes each
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 scoop vanilla protein powder [ 2nd choice chocolate] <—I use sun warrior protein
⅓ cup reduced fat (1%) plain Greek yogurt [ OR 1 banana, mashed ] <—for my dairy free comrades
4 large egg whites (½ cup)
¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
½ tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. molasses (Blackstrap if possible)
Nonstick cooking spray [ I use coconut oil spray]
1. Combine protein powder, yogurt [or banana], egg whites, oats, coconut flour, spices, baking powder, and molasses in a medium bowl; mix well.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat.
3. Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Repeat until all batter is used.
5. Serve two pancakes topped with toppings of choice , if desired; serve immediately.
*Optional Toppings: Banana slices, chopped nuts, maple or agave syrup