My husband is a big fan of granola and cereal! The granola might as well be candy, it’s just so loaded with sugar…but then again that’s why he likes it I guess LOL! Despite the fact, he loves it when I stir up a batch at home. It benefits his abs and well that ends up being a win win.
Apples and cinnamon are classic fall flavors, and they both come together to create this healthy granola recipe.
and says FALL all over it!!!
Buen Provecho 😘
Total Time: 1 hr. 52 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 37 min.
Yield: 32 servings, 2 Tbsp each
¼ cup raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup coarsely chopped raw walnuts
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 medium apple, cored, chopped
¼ cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Heat honey and oil in small saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until oil has melted.
4. Add extract; mix well. Set aside.
5. Combine oats, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
6. Add honey mixture, apple, and raisins; mix until oats are evenly coated.
7. Place on prepared baking pan; spread evenly in a thin layer.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until granola is light golden brown and crisp.
9. Cool granola completely (it will get more crisp as it cools).
For my Fit Latinas Challengers…