Today’s Meatless Monday recipe is a favorite for the southern soul. Enjoy!
1 tsp. olive oil
8oz Tempe ( non GMO )
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 ⁄2 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt (Mineralize)
1 ⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
2 (15-oz) cans black beans (or pinto beans), drained, rinsed
(15-oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish; optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add tempe, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro.
Add a little aguacate for more mmm mmm mmm…..
MIND | BODY | SOUL ✌🏽 & 💛