For the past 7 years, I have personally tested a variety of products. I am a certified group instructor, Beachbody Coach, and Triathlete. The following list includes my Top 8 Running Essentials. Gear and supplementation I use regularly if not daily. As a rule of thumb, I ONLY make recommendations based on first-hand experience — running essentials I actually love and use.
If you are a distance runner and are looking for an incredibly durable, hardcore running shoe that is very minimalistic, the Bare-XF 210 is one of the most durable barefoot running shoes out there.
- The XF-210 can be worn for long and short distance runs, short sprints and on the trails.
- It’s grippy and durable outsole also makes it great for Tough Mudder, Spartan Races etc.
- Lasts well over 500 miles.
- Extremely versatile — can be used for hiking, CrossFit, powerlifting, box jumps, jump rope, agility workouts and rope climbing!
I’ll stand by an inov8 shoe recommendation any day. I both cross train and run in my BareFX’s 5-year standing/tested personal review.
I’m a pretty intense athlete. Everything from leading Live Insanity classes to training for a Full Ironman. My training/workout time is also my personal development time — or sometimes I just want to get lost in the music. Either way, having comfortable, no pop out, sweat resistant, long battery lasting earbuds is an absolute must! My Jaybirds X2s sell me on every point…comfort, resistance, sound, battery life and plenty of size options to fit my unique ear canal perfectly!
- Three sets each of silicon and foam ear tips
- Three sets of ear fins —unique add-ons that help to hold the buds in place, as well as cord clips.
- Tangle-free flat microUSB cable
- Carrying case
- 100 mAh Lithium Polymer battery rated at up to 8 hours play time
- 1-year limited warranty, lifetime warranty against sweat
I recently logged my first run with my FlipBelt and so far so good. It fit snug around my hips with zero rise up. I get easily annoyed with flapping strings, gear and I especially don’t like carrying anything in my hands!! Happy to report a smooth first training session, I even shaved 30sec off my pace. Favorite FlipBelt perk so far, I was able to fit my brick-sized iPhone plus in perfectly.
- Simple design
- No rise up
- Plenty of room to hold your phone, keys, gels/running fuel, and small hydration bottles.
I am yet to test the 6oz FlipBelt water bottle. I have tried multiple water belts that created more of a nuisance than anything. I expect balance, zero flapping and a chaffing free experience with this bottle. It arrives in a few days and will share my personal review very soon!
- Track your runs
- Customizable voice feedback settings
- Add/Connect with NRC friends ( this is the makes running social part)
- Leaderboard option to see where you stand amongst your friends
- Set both distance and time goals
- Available on iPhone or android
Fit Mind | Fit Body. I am HUGE on personal development…HUGE! I believe in constantly filling your mind with thoughts and ideas that will stretch you beyond your current mindset. 2.5 months into the year and I have already gone through 5 audiobooks. Everything from sales training, to owning EXTREME success to embracing your own person. Music is great but positive content helps shape you into a better person.
My current 2017 audiobook list:
Energize is my daily pre-workout supplement. I have been taking it for a little over 1 year. Beachbody Performance was recently crowned the official IRONMAN sports supplement — pretty frikin’ RAD! This is ELITE sports nutrition.
- You get a safe boost of energy (without jittery side effects).
- Boosts energy and endurance
- Improves intense exercise performance
- Sharpens focus and reaction time
- Increases muscle power output
- Delays exercise-induced muscle fatigue
- No artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives.
When you’re not properly hydrated during workouts, you can experience a drop in power and performance. Not to mention headaches and muscle cramping. On the other hand, when you’re properly hydrated, you’ll feel better, recover faster, and have more stamina.
Hydrate was created with an ideal ratio of carbohydrates, electrolytes, and water to maximize absorption and rapidly deliver the hydration your body desperately needs. It’s specifically formulated to replenish sweat losses and improve exercise effectiveness, endurance, and recovery.
- Support hydration during exercise
- Replace electrolytes lost during exercise
- Improve exercise performance
- Improve endurance
- Increase fluid absorption during exercise
- No artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives